For those of you that are reading this, thank you for stopping by and welcome to 2012!
It has taken me two days to really focus on something to blog about. I wanted to do a year-end recap but the end of 2011 was not really enjoyable and it’s after effects are still being felt. In spite of having surgery and a minor setback with my recovery, moving to a smaller home and still trying to get rid of the excess “things” that have cluttered my families life, the final blow came on Christmas Eve when we were told that one of my son’s friends who is 21 years old and a new husband and father is dying of cancer. Needless to say 2012 is now all about perspective.
So instead of the traditional resolutions I usually make, I am compelled to really look into myself and into my heart this year to make things better for not only myself but those around me.
MY TEN RESOLUTIONS FOR 2012
1. I resolve, to help develop faith in GOD in my friends and family that are running low.
2. I resolve, to live my life to the fullest in spite of PTSD and my Anxiety Disorder. I resolve to be forthright about my struggles and no longer hide in the shadows.
3. I resolve, to work hard to maintain happiness in my life! I know that I am the only person responsible for my happiness. I am NOT responsible for the happiness of others, I am only responsible to make sure that my actions do not cause others to deliberately become unhappy.
4. I resolve, to continue to bring attention to affects, fight, and research of cancer in honor of Rich, my Mom and me.
5. I resolve, to continue to uncluttered my mind, my heart and my home of useless emotions and things.
6. I resolve, to concentrate on my physical health and I will shed the mental and physical weight that I have hidden behind. My time is now and I have no time to live in the past!
7. I resolve, to focus on things that make me a better person so that I can become a better friend, parent and partner.
8. I resolve, to push forward with my blog writing and novel writing. Being disciplined in my approach and stretching myself to write in genres I have never written.
9. I resolve, to continue to grow and learn something new daily.
10. I resolve, to live my life my way in 2012 and beyond!